[pp.int.general] UK action idea: in schools

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:37:49 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
>    Someone, a few probably, with experience, authority and will to lead
>    campaigns must step forward and take the lead. I'm prepared to follow
>    for a while.
>
> If nobody else takes the lead, can you try it?

Such a good reply.

I gave the question some serious thoughts during the day and what this
would mean.

First of all, even if I would try to lead a campaign for this. I doubt
anyone would follow. I don't have the authority, mandate or a
reputation that I think is needed. Maybe my fears for this comes from
lack of experience or guts, but I still see this as a project that is
to big for me to succeed with.

Having that said, I recall myself mentioning earlier that we have
already started a campaign like this - only local and smaller. As I
wrote earlier, we are organising a local "school education tour" which
for all that matters is a "small version" of what I'm calling for.

I can try convince my fellow Pirates in Sweden, Södertälje to consider
scaling this up after we have completed our "local" version - from
which we will gain experience and self confidence.

Then comes the question back to you (and many others):

* If we complete our local project, gain the experience we need and
confidence and takes to  lead, will you follow?

/Erik