[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Tue Nov 23 21:45:06 CET 2010

On 23.11.10 16:04, Gabriel Serrano wrote:
> I don't understand why UK-PP and USA-Oklahoma-PP keep asking Anonymous
> to stop Ddos. Did any other Party in any country do the same? Why
> should we have any influence on Anonymous?
As far as I understand it it is because the PPUS wants to make clear
that they don't have anything to do with illegal activities.
We should just accept that the laws concerning parties (USPP could lose
the status of a political party were it to endorse illegal activities)
as well as the whole attitude the respective societies have towards
hackers are different in the Anglician world compared to Central and
Southern Europe. (The CCC as an association by and mainly for hackers is
respected as a source of knowledge and expertese by the conservative
German government; the EFF for example, which has nothing to do with
hackers, could only dream of such a position.)
In the end it's a PR stunt by the pirate parties involved to address
domestic problems of legitimacy and legality, and should be handled as
such. It should be made clear that neither the PPI nor many respective
PPs don't share that opinion, and that's it.
Cheers
-J