[pp.int.general] pp.international.general Digest, Vol 45, Issue 71

Stéphane Vanbellinghen carnops at pirateparty.be
Fri Nov 26 18:24:58 CET 2010

Concerning civil disobedience, I'd refer to article 35 of the french
"Déclaration des droits de l'homme et du citoyen", which states :

Article 35. "When the government violates the rights of the people,
insurrection is for the people and for each portion of the people, the
most sacred right and the most indispensable duty."

I wouldn't say we should cut some heads to enforce freedom, but
this reflects quite well what freedom means in my opinion.

I'd add this quote from Benjamin Franklin :

"Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary