[pp.int.general] Resistance methods

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:26:05 CET 2010

In 1964 in the U.S., Barry Goldwater used the excuse that "crime has risen
in the south" as a platform for why the GOP should be elected across the
board.  The "crime" that had risen and that the GOP had vowed to suppress
was that of the civil rights movement protesting their horrid conditions
under Jim Crow using many methods of civil disobedience while ALSO having a
political-legal arm of their movement in which to talk with government
officials about peaceful solutions towards change.

If we do not support civil disobedience as a means to force change upon a
rigid society that treats its citizens unjustly at times, then I believe we
don't understand the full definition of what it is to be a democratic
society.

Sometimes, ya gotta move off the sidewalk and into the streets...but don't
take MY word for it:

"Letter From Birmingham Jail" - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

Jay Emerson
Operations Officer
United States Pirate Party