[pp.int.general] pp.international.general Digest, Vol 44, Issue 18

Radosław Nadstawny radoslaw.nadstawny at o2.pl
Wed Oct 13 16:46:12 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:20:48 +0200
Kenneth Peiruza <kenneth at contralaguerra.org> wrote:

> Ok, maybe my words were incorrect.
>
> I have plenty of critical thinking, but I try to keep good manners :P
>
> We need good manners in this list, as we don't know each other in
> person, which helps a lot to soften issues. And well, some people have
> demonstrated to lack that gift...
>

> Regards,
>
> Kenneth

Exactly. Well thought out critisism is very important, but just as
important is how we put it. It is the way we express our criticism that
can make it either constructive or disruptive.
There are some well known good rules to follow. E.g. it's better to
target a belief or attitude instead of a person. If you start attacking
a person, the discussion will quickly become emotional and any valid
points will be lost.

Regards,

Radek