[pp.int.general] European Liberty Conference

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Oct 18 08:27:43 CEST 2010

The rants Turovskiy directs at me are not opinions about what I said.
They misrepresent what I said about the issue, and they misrepresent
the issue too.

To publish in Flash v9 does more than simply "tell" people
to use proprietary software -- it requires them to do so
in order to view the publication.

By contrast, publishing in PDF lets people use many programs
to view the publication.  Some of them are free software,
but people who are determined to lose their freedom do have
the option of using proprietary options too.

The issue comes from those facts.  When Turovskiy says that this is a
matter of "telling people to use free software", he misrepresents the
issue.  And when he claims I am trying to do that, he misrepresents
what I said.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation