[pp.int.general] European Liberty Conference

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:43:15 CEST 2010

 On 10/17/2010 08:54 AM, Boris Turovskiy wrote:
> Then we have to make a decision, don't we? Either we want to be a
> movement for the general people - and then we have to endorse Flash
> and MS Office - or we want to be a marginal nerd movement, in which
> case you can surely present everything in a Linux-only,
> jar.tar.-whatthefuckarchive-format and be proud of it.

It's a good way of showing people that there are other alternatives.
Instead of .mp3, maybe someone discovers .ogg. Etc. I do think that
Pirate Parties need to be more "educational" if we want to reach the
general public. Information policy is still a very marginalised issue in
politics, and it needs not to be. And if we like to compare ourselves
with the Greens from the 80s and the Labour movements from the 1910s:
they ran educational campaigns, showed alternatives, had workshops,
social courses, etc.

/a