[pp.int.general] PETITION against blocking!

Radosław Nadstawny radoslaw.nadstawny at o2.pl
Mon Oct 18 18:28:01 CEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:40:21 +0200
Jerry Weyer <jerry.weyer at pp-international.net> wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
>
> The Young Liberals are not necessarily the ALDE ! The youth wings of
> a lot of political parties are independent and don't necessarily have
> to have the same opinion as their "father-party".
>
> I think if the point they make is correct (which it is in this case
> in my opinion), one can support the cause. I did not read anything
> about extrajudicial deletion of web sites or support of the Gallo
> report. And we (PP-Luxembourg) think that websites with illegal
> content (which, even in far lesser quantities than oftentimes
> claimed, exist) should be deleted. The Internet, after all is not,
> like our opponents like to say, a "law-free space" (don't know if
> that exists in English, literal translation from German).
>
> Regards,
>
> Jerry

Hi there.

There's one thing I don't understand - how exactly do you *delete* a
website from the Internet? Let's say, somewhere in the net, there is a
website which is illegal in your country, but what if its servers are
located in a different country, where the site is legal? How do you
"delete" it then?

As far as I undestand, the aim of this petition is to prevent
censorship in the form of blocking websites, but the given
argumentation seems to be flawed...