[pp.int.general] File Sharing in Space

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:22:26 CEST 2010

On 10/18/2010 4:18 PM, Rodrigo dA wrote:
> This project is great!!
> I agree going for the balloon first is the best, it's cheaper and will
> give you hands on experience with the necessary hardware to make it work.
> Also will give you experience dealing with the legal bureaucracy and
> people would be more willing to finance a satellite project if they see
> you can get the work done.

Indeed, but I think a marine testbed would be a best first-step, in
testing the hardware. Start with a row-boat in a lake, and work up
(maybe to a ferry, or a speedboat, if any of you have it). It's also a
good enviroment to start with weatherising it, and makes it easy to
retrieve and develop.

Boat > baloon > satellite

Andrew

pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net