[pp.int.general] File Sharing in Space

Stefan Sakowitz Multireal at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 00:20:26 CEST 2010

Erik wrote/asked:

> What are the chances of a balloon hitting an aircraft ? Even more,
> causing any problems for it in the process? I mean, birds have to be a
> more serious threat and I don't see authorities taking them to court
> like TPB.

> A radio is so 1966. But hey sure, a boat, a torrent-site, solar panels
> and GPS gear. Sounds fun!

The two smaller items:

In fact: Turbines are tested for frozen chicken thrown into
the inlet. The result is what you know as ChickenMcNuggets.

But in fact 2.: In WWII simple balloons (called blimps) had
been installed to stop bombers.

I don´t know, how stable a balloon plus mobile (metal) has to be
in order to have some fun with an airline-pilot.
And I don´t want to find out.....................

If I´m talking about >radio<, the aqua&aeronautical term is
ment: Sender/receiver of radiowaves........

Further:

If someone is thinking of asking the captain of the naval
border patrol if he is going to dive after the smartphone
 one has just been dropping into the ocean himself, we probably
shouldn´t do that in a semi-public forum ?
Or am I wrong ?

Although noone needs avionics for vessels, I´ve been
finishing my 5 years work in ships-mechanics as assistant
engineer on a british container-ship. Entered aviation
afterwards, 22 years ago..............................

The (steering)gear......OK.

Stefan

--
MULTIREAL - Arts & Action