[pp.int.general] Pirates on presidential political system, try to answer if you can!

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 02:18:51 CEST 2010

  Hi Rodrigo,
> In my country its called "Washing dirty linen" =).
This expression exists in my country(ies) also, but i don't see how i
would apply to the current situation. I also don't see how it relates to
the issues I brought up, but as your questions are quite challenging,
I'll answer them;)

> If a pirate is elected to the parliament, the pirate could apply the
> strategy of "balance of power" to influence the formation government
> body (executive).
>   But if doesn't have a parliament like in Brazil,
> where the executive body is elected by people and is not indicated by
> parliament, what kind of strategy a pirate could apply to influence
> legislative process to make your issues reality???
If "balance of power" (or "separation of powers") is truly applied, then
the Parliament MUST NOT elect the government, and the government equally
MUST NOT have power over the parliament. The perfect (still working)
example is the USA, where the President elections are completely
dissected from the parliament elections, and they have even a time
shift, so if the President (executive) goes against the parliament
(legislative) he'll have a huge problem if his party hasn't been given
majority.
In countries where executive and legislatory power is linked together,
however (like in Germany and all other Parliamentary Republic states),
you don't have anything to say if you're in a minority in parliament, as
neither the parliament NOR the executive has to listen to you in any way.

Best,
Boris