[pp.int.general] filesharing in space

Joonas Mäkinen joonas.makinen at piraattinuoret.fi
Tue Oct 26 18:49:55 CEST 2010

Hiya!

Of course, dreaming, pondering and brainstorming is important just for the
tech kicks because marvellous ideas (some of which nca actually be
implemented in practice) may be born eventually.

There was some unconferencing (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference) at the
Alternative Party (www.altparty.org) last weekend and I held a little
session where I introduced this idea of putting a server in space and other
variations of the idea. Hopefully some more people will be thinking about
this now and new people join the discussions. :)

Here's a Prezi I made for the talking:
http://prezi.com/w3m6fkjco6it/setting-up-a-filesharing-server-in-space-legal-and-logistic-challenges/

2010/10/26 B0rg <b0rg at ib0rg.net>

> Hi
> I'm sorry if my post sounded to judgmental. It was not my intention to be
> so harsh.
> Don't take it as a "don't do it" post. Take it instead as a, IMHO it's not
> the best option and, as a consequence, I'll try to invest my resources in
> something else and here are some options I think would be better for some
> reason.
>
> That doesn't mean I would like it to fail though. On the contrary, I think
> it will be very cool if you can actually go through with it.
>
> Everyone needs to decide for themselves what is worth the investments of
> their resources, time, work, money, etc.
> That way multiple projects can happen at the same time and if one fails to
> accomplish its outcome maybe others will succeed in its place.
>

> António Aveiro
> With the Portuguese Pirate Party
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Erik Lönroth <erik.lonroth at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I need all help I can get. I will not tell you what to do. But I
>> expect you to do.
>>
>> The baloon project will fly.

Joonas "JoonasD6" Mäkinen
Vice chairman (international affairs), Piraattinuoret.fi

mobile +358 40 700 5190
Twitter, Facebook, Skype, IRC: JoonasD6