[pp.int.general] Translation Task Force

Boris Tourovski tourovski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 02:20:22 CEST 2010

Ahoi,
the idea has been around for quite some time, but we should slowly take up
operations (especially as there is a lot of work to be done;)
As I am a professional translator I would propose to set up a Translations
Task Force - as envisioned by the PPI Board - and invite everybody who
wishes to take part in it.

If you want to work on translating Pirate materials, you're very welcome.
Please email me with the following info:
- Who are you?
- Where are you from?
- What language pairs would you like to translate? (note: English to German
and German to English are _differerent_ language pairs!)

On my part I would propose to have a look at the free translation memory
software OmegaT [1] which greatly simplifies working on translations. I'd be
glad to make some tutorial sessions as soon as we have some interested
pirates.

A Wiki page for coordination will be setup (I hope^^) during the next week.

Best regards,
Boris