[pp.int.general] Compartilhamento legal! – Brazil is putting an end to the ‘war on copying,’ at R$ 3,00 per month

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Sep 5 16:11:08 CEST 2010

Am 05.09.2010 15:22, schrieb Partido Pirata Argentino:
> We read the text and have somes questions :
>
> 1)how to discriminate if it is exchanged music, movie or text
> according to each entity that management rights will be distributed
> the income of 3 reais (about U.S. $ 2.2)
>
> The text specifically says that no privacy can be violated but not
> whether they can discriminate what is being exchanged

Usually there are companies for problems like this. In germany we have
GEMA, in the USA e.g. ASCAP. Think brazil will have one of those too.
These companies usually find ways to get the money to their richest
members - without knowing each copy and each performance of a single song.

The levy is no "fair" solution to this problem, but one that might end
this war pretty soon.

Christian