[pp.int.general] Compartilhamento legal! – Brazil is putting an end to the ‘war on copying,’ at R$ 3,00 per month

Rodrigo Pereira rodrigop23 at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 5 18:38:09 CEST 2010

In Brazil, the copyright law provides an centralized office to collect and distribute copyright royalties. In pratice, this office (ECAD - Escritório central de arrecadação e distribuição  de direitos autoais - Central office for collect and distribution of copyright royalties), mantained by record industry, distribute  inequality copyright's royalties priorizing big artists and big record companies using own criteria without intervention.

One of proposal in this copyright reform is create an centralized office, in substitution of ECAD, but maintained by state. This proposal create several criticism by record industry.

Rodrigo.