[pp.int.general] Is PPI dead, or was it ever really born?

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Mon Sep 27 20:28:50 CEST 2010

On 27.09.2010, at 20:12, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:

> The questions were totally inappropriate. I tried to fill "the pirate
> party of week" questions but I could not. The political system in
> Brazil is different from europe. The questions do not made sense. And
> I don't saw sense in this questions. Sorry, what was the objective?

I am sad to hear that you got troubles answering the questions.
those were the questions that every other pirate party has so far
answered, even that the parties are very different in size and
grade of organization. The objective of the questions from the
"party of the Week" questionary is of cause drawing international
attention of other pirate parties and to share, so that the other
parties can get insight on what is going on with your party,
and maybe also some sort of inspiration.

Also, i know that a lot of people are very interested in knowing
the differences of political system - the questions give plenty
of room to elaborate those.

last but not least it is an opportunity to present an call
for donations to international audience (of cause if your
country's laws allow for international donations, but I
believe, this is the case with Brazil)

We also have offered you, and this offer is still open,
(and i extend this offer to every other Pirate Party that
is also struggling answering the questions) to make
a voice interview over skype with some party representative
of your - and we will write down the answers for you.

and as a last resort - if you really dont like the questions,
invent your own and answer them instead - we will
publish them ;-)

on average, the "Pirate Party of the Week" get about 500
hits on the website, the articles are being republished
by the German pirates in german, and i do not how many
hits we get thru rss-syndication. (it seems that we
get about 90k hits on the rss feed per day, but i have no idea how
many subscribers it actually translates)

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman
Pirate Parties International