[pp.int.general] Correct word usage for PP.

Mikulas.Ferjencik Mikulas.Ferjencik at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 8 01:54:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

Jakub Michálek proceeded with his project from the PPI conference regarding the Pirate Dictionary. The draft can be found here: http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Dictionary

Please feel free to comment, contribute, add expressions or suggest alternative wordings.

regards

Mikulas Ferjencik, PPCZ

Hello!

This subject has been covered on the conference and in parts here, on this mailing list. I've seen it pushed by RMS. I've been in contact with the PPI board about it. But most i got was the original Czech data from the Czechs.

General dictionary (Czech)
http://www.ceskapiratskastrana.cz/wiki/kci:lexikon
Here it is used in English text:
http://www.ceskapiratskastrana.cz/wiki/:en:kci:desatero

Copying monopoly in detail (Czech)
http://www.ceskapiratskastrana.cz/kopirovaci-monopol

Now we're looking for a translator, but we (PP Slovenia) plan on creating a dictionary, publishing it, and than sticking to it. But I believe this dictionary should be a global one, in English, that would than just be translated into local languages. I've heard (but did not read the minutes) that the board has been talking about doing just this. The problem is, we need it NOW, not in 6 months or a year.  A global dictionary would give us all more power as it wouldn't be just some local group pushing for change in wording, but an entire global movement (not to mention the power using correct words will give us).

I propose we start a discussion here, mostly to point out which words and frazes we have to take care of. Than when all this is compiled we should publish an etherpad and work from there.

If the board has already started the process of compailing a dictionary, i apologize for this email, but this needs to be done as soon as possible as it will take a long time to actually convince people to use the new frazes.

What do you think?

--
Lp
Rok Andrée