[pp.int.general] Correct word usage for PP.

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Apr 11 19:46:37 CEST 2011

    Richard obviously tries to recruit those that are nearly white into the
    inner circle of complete sanctity, and has trouble defending his
    coherent thoughts in front of people that ignore so much of the inner
    cohesion of his views that they repeatedly ask trivially superficial
    questions and prefer to have lulz while organizing perfectly futile
    public demonstrations they believe suit them best as possible actions.

There is an element of truth in this, but it's not totally true.  For
instance, don't knock public demonstrations.  They can be very effective.
Sometimes even small ones can be effective.

    As his strategy more or less demands anyone to become monks and accept
    reclusion in a monastery to avoid contamination, and refrain from mixing
    with those that prefer the lulz for all the wrong reasons,

None of that is true.  A free software freedom fighter is an
organizer, not a recluse.  We don't shun the people who half-support
our cause; far from it.  What we do is try to convince them to do more
and do it more forcefully.

    While Richard tries to win for the cause those that are most close to
    white already,

That's not true.  I try to reach whoever will listen, and the people
who listen often are people who know nothing about the issue.

    Thus I choose to expose the inconsistencies of the logic and the
    ethic (if one can call them such) used by the dark forces. To be able to
    do this in the proper context and with any expectation of succes, one
    can not tell almost black people how nice being white is, because there
    will never be enough budget available to adopt such a big change by
    anyone no matter how good you are at convincing them.

That is an exaggeration.  It is not terribly hard for most people to
migrate to free software.  However, being a free software campaigner
is distinct from migrating to free software.  The only sacrifice
required to campaign for free software is the time and effort you put
into the campaign.

     You can not ask
    from people in a wilderness ful of lions that they throw away their bows
    and spears and become vegetarian pacifists,

That's not analogous at all.  I don't ask people to make themselves
more vulnerable to mistreatment -- on the contrary, I tell people how
much they are being mistreated now, and I invite them to protect
themselves.

When I got this far, I saw there were another hundred-odd lines in
your message, so I stopped.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation