[pp.int.general] Correct word usage for PP.

Betiel betielix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 03:04:15 CEST 2011

2011/4/10 Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com>

> Hi Stéphane,
>

>   .... I just don't agree there is a connection between software
> and human rights.

I strongly disagree with you. I believe there is a strong connection between
software and human rights.
Software is the tool we use to enforce human rights. Thanks to the software,
we can communicate, and share knowledge.
And for me access to knowledge is a basic human right. Then, being the
software one of the essential tools used for communication, it means, soft
among other things it has everything to do with human rights.
Without the freedom of choosing which soft we want, we would be constrained
to what some companies wanted to do with us, and therefore things like not
being able to use  tools like messenger, skype, facebook, blogs or whatever
you want to use to communicate with other people, and to transmit culture
and knowledge, will cut your freedoms, and therefore your rights.