[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Markus Drenger markus.drenger at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Aug 2 19:22:44 CEST 2011

Am 30.07.11 22:01, schrieb Boris Turovskiy:
> */this is a trolling post/*

congratulation, your thread is growing.

PPDE supports free software and its use in government agencies and
organisations payed with taxmoney. It would be nice to use free
software, but there is one requirement prohibiting it. We need that
software now. Not in a year or two.
We are required to do our accounting accurately and transparent. We pay
tax auditors to check our finances and therefore require an interface to
their software or export function in a specific form.

We may develop a free software for this purpose, but right now we need
that commercial one to do it. Otherwise we would risk loosing our
financing of political parties (loosing real money) and getting in legal
trouble.

I don't like using nonfree software but for now i stand by the decision
of the board.

Greetings,
Markus