[pp.int.general] The Venus project?

P. Maechler valio at visionsinteractive.ch
Sat Aug 6 11:30:05 CEST 2011

I usually spend some amount of my time on exploring existing ideas,
because I'm convinced that I'm not the necessarily the best person
ever to conceive ideas; making use of existing shared ideas is one of
the primary principles of pirates and democracy. Of course I'm not
dedicating a lot of my time to ideas where I perceive clear
shortcomings in arguments or feasibility from my perspective, but in
order to make my mind up I still have to explore them first.

Depending on person there are certainly different thresholds for which
they choose to refute an idea; I assume to have a low threshold
concerning the first phases (where the decision to refute is rather
based on personal experience, than rational arguments), but later on a
rather medium to high threshold when it comes to the question whether
the idea could be put into practice.

regards
-pat