[pp.int.general] Transparency of the state/politics

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Tue Aug 9 11:51:49 CEST 2011

The Pirate Party Switzerland is currently writing up on our position
concerning on the transparency of the state.
We already have an overall short position [1], but we want to delve
really more into the depths.
To my knowledge there has not been an extensive discussion (e.g. as
with Copyrigh) in international lists on this pirate policy yet.
=> I would very much appreciate if you could forward me any position
you made or topics or sources you consider to be relevant. <=
You can do so on the list or directly here:
http://ppscoordinator.piratenpad.de/transparent-state

BTW: There are certainly some ties with this topic to Whistleblowing,
Privacy, Open Government Data and the question of Objectivity in
general (e.g. how one can misrepresent facts); notes on those subjects
are appreciated as well, but please do not head into directions that
are too far away (e.g. random news items on Wikileaks, without a clear
reference to transparency of the state are not so beneficial)

We're currently drafting our text in German, however when we're
finished I'll gladly translate results into English.

kind regards and thank you for any help in advance
-pat

[1] see http://www.pirateparty.ch/Party_Platform "Transparent Political System"