[pp.int.general] Pirate Party Argentina gives shit about CC Licence <-- totally false

Betiel betielix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:31:25 CET 2011

2011/12/5 Wolfgang Preiss <w.preiss at gmx.de>

> Am 05.12.2011 13:07, schrieb Betiel:
>
>  The one who uploaded the video told me he was planning to do so, and also
>> add some subtitles, and only after that to publish link to the the you tube
>>  video on our page and perhaps twitter.
>> Now after  your way of asking, the owner of the account decided it was
>> better to delete the video.
>> Please, next time something like that happens (hope it does not but we
>> are human so it can), try to keep it private.
>> And please, please, do not say that for only one video mistake we are
>> against creative commons because, thats a false inference.
>> And we are really annoyed by that.
>>
> As I mentioned before. I have decided to go that way AFTER requests to add
> the licence in the youtube channel have been marked as Spam

The issue is, we didn´t mark that as spam and we surely didn´t delete those
claims.

> and been deleted. This left the impression that the channel owner was not
> willing to put the licence in the description.

Wrong assumption. It sees it was a youtube thing.

> A simple adding "CC-BY-SA Piraten-Streaming" to the description would have
> done the deal.
>
> And that´s what we would have do if you´ve given us some time. Instead of
starting yelling and complaining all over the world.

> Besides: All information for doing the translation are in my description
>  (a pirate pad with all time marks in english is there) so I do not really
> understand the need for reuploading the clip _twice_ to your channel.
>
> Ok, that was a misunderstanding of our side. we didn´t notice there was
spanish subtitles already.

> Sharing is caring. Absolutly I want to share. However I also want my
> tribute for the work I have put in this. This was way more than only
> recording. If you would like to learn more about pirate-streaming you are
> welcome to ask me any questions, which I am willing to answer.
>
> You are welcome to add any of my videos to your blogs, and set links to
> it. If you need any other licence type for whatever reason, you can always
> contact me.
>
> Even if my reaction might have been a bit harsh I guess you understand it.
> I hope we can agree on finding solutions for future use of my clips.

I understand your reaction. Although I still think of it as a little
overreacting.
Even though We´ll work on this kind of issue so hopefully it won´t happen
again.