[pp.int.general] Will you start to raise awareness over SOPA?

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:51:29 CET 2011

As you say, the US system is very corrupt. Most Americans
instinctively love personal freedom, more than us here in EU, but at
the same time they are used to believe what they are told, more than
us here in EU. It is then easy for the political right to persuade
them that the sociopath "bankers" are just exercising their personal
freedom, while in reality they have purchased political power
wholesale.

But I am confident in the instinctive love of freedom of most
Americans. At some point they will say Enough, like they did in the
60s. The anti Vietnam protests and civil right movement of the 60s has
had a very deep influence on the US until the election of W, and I
hope OWS will have an equally deep influence until mid century.