[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Dec 28 04:54:19 CET 2011

    Feel free to offer a solid alternative that we can use for the
    conference and it would be considered.

Don't some Pirate Parties oppose the use of data formats that restrict
users or impose proprietary technology?  A principled organization
needs to avoid using the methods it campaigns to put an end to.

What alternative is there?  The most obvious alternative is -- no
streaming.  Make recordings, and post them later in Ogg formats or
Webm.  Chat using IRC.  All this is easy to do.  So don't I have not
offered you an alternative.

If you are willing to do a little more work, you can do Ogg streaming.
Mallory Knodel <mallory at mayfirst.org> will be glad to help you set it
up.

Ogg streaming may take some work.  It is be crucial for some people to
insist on doing this work rather that setting a bad example.

I have find that people who claim there is no other alternative, they
are usually exaggerating.  They really mean the other alternatives
involve some sacrifice.  The unrecognized assumption is, "We can't
sacrifice anything for the sake of following principles."

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation