[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Rok Andrée rok.andree at piratskastranka.net
Wed Dec 28 18:35:39 CET 2011

> It is not only Stallman's opinion.
> It is also my opinion and I hope that more people here also agree with us
> that software freedom matters.

Shure it does. Freedom of software matters, but the ability for all
delegates to participate equally and the survival of PPI matters way, way
more.

Going head first through the wall and demanding a free solution is idiotic.
We can use a non-free solution now, continue to work and press this
ideology and maby in 10 years we'll be able to use only free software. But
if we sabotage ourselves for the sake of our ideals... who will fight for
free software (and privacy and against censorship and freedom of the people
not just software -remember this is the pirate movement) than?

Fanatic following of young ideals is like shooting yourself in the foot. It
never works out.

And always remember one of the more important rules of politics. What you
cant pass as a whole in one day, split it up and pass it fragment by
fragment over a decade.

Just to reaffirm: I use only opensource software if at all possible
but tolerate non-free software. I also contribute when i can.
Lp
Rok Andrée
Piratska stranka Slovenije - Slovenian Pirate Party