[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Wed Dec 28 20:17:19 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Wolfgang Preiss <w.preiss at gmx.de> wrote:

> Try to check this from my perspective: I am trying to satisfy as many
> poeple as possible, and so far, this is the only mailing list, I receive a
> shitstorm when talking about my services. I DO want to provide a
> satisfiying stable service, but your demands (not wishes, but demands) make
> it hard for me. So far noone has offered my a solution, all option I get is
> try and error. I do get told, HOW something could be done better (and not
> only by "use free software") but only "you do it wrong"
>
> This is extremly frustrating.

Some people suggested using mumble + a video stream in an unemcumbered
video codec (WebM and OGG Theora are 2 options).

In case mumble does not provide the needed mechanisms for moderation I
would like to offer my software development services to PPI. I can
commercially develop the improvements needed in mumble (and release it as
free software, of course). Actually, lots of programmers in the world could
offer you this service. You don't have to pay me. You can actually pay any
programmer who is interested in taking the job. But I am offering my
services here if you are interested.

Felipe Sanches