[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 09:18:35 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

> My goal was to present a solution to the organisation team/PPI Board,
> which could be used. However it does not make sense to provide a
> solution which is already rejected by the potential users in the first
> place.
>
> At the moment I am out of options, as any system which were suggested
> either is based on flash for using the webcam or microfone, is only
> availabe for windows, or only available for linux, or free conference
> solutions do not provide video stream at all, because of the free
> concept which does not allow the use of h.264 and ACC.
You're doing a great job and so far of the only two people who seem
intent on rejecting your solutions one is surely not a "potential user"
and one is speaking for a Pirate Party he himself described as being "dead".

So please just ignore the moaning, present the best solution from _your_
point of view, and don't let yourself be discouraged by fanatics:) Also
remember that a mailing list is a good place for bashing someone but
it's rarely used to just say "hey, great job" - which I'm sure is the
sentiment of the majority of Pirates towards your streaming work.

Best regards,
Boris