[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Thu Dec 29 12:16:08 CET 2011

Wolfgang, you make a great job, thank you.

> The main problem is, that here on this list I get the impression that I
> only can fail, no matter what I do.

Not exactly. Here on this list you will always be told ways to do better ;).

Whether what you do is right or wrong depends of the people, but any
improvement is a good thing and a step in the right direction.

> At the moment I am out of options

Did you check at Ekiga Richard Stallman talked to you about ? It is free
software, is available on both GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows, and is
compatible with at least the Theora video codec.

You reminded us of using Skype last time. If Ekiga or a similar software
can provide the same functionalities while respecting the freedom and
privacy of the users, it would be worth using it instead.

> I never felt that close to give up as now. And from my point it kinda
> feels sad that political transparency is being sacrificed to ideology
> ideas, as stallman suggested. Better no political transparence if used
> with the "wrong" software.

Richard Stallman is not telling you to drop political transparency, he
is asking you to find a way to reach it using free software.

We have at least 4 months to look for ways to achieve both, before
having to choose between different kind of concessions.