[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Wolfgang Preiss w.preiss at gmx.de
Thu Dec 29 13:33:08 CET 2011

Am 29.12.2011 12:16, schrieb Maxime Rouquet:
> Not exactly. Here on this list you will always be told ways to do
> better ;). Whether what you do is right or wrong depends of the
> people, but any improvement is a good thing and a step in the right
> direction.

No actually you want me to give up working solutions on either no or
worse solution as long your ideology is being fullfilled, no matter how
successful working solutions are. You want me to fulfill your ideology.
No, Sir, I won't become your or Mr Stallmans tool of extremist ideology.

>> At the moment I am out of options
> Did you check at Ekiga Richard Stallman talked to you about ? It is free
> software, is available on both GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows, and is
> compatible with at least the Theora video codec.
This is a one to one solution, no conference possible
> Richard Stallman is not telling you to drop political transparency, he
> is asking you to find a way to reach it using free software. We have
> at least 4 months to look for ways to achieve both, before having to
> choose between different kind of concessions.

Wrong. Let me quote Mr Stallman:

> What alternative is there?  The most obvious alternative is -- no
> streaming.  Make recordings, and post them later in Ogg formats or
> Webm.  Chat using IRC.  All this is easy to do.  So don't I have not
> offered you an alternative.

Clear statement - either streaming based on free (=approved by stallman)
software, or no streaming. This is clearly sacrificing transparency to
ideology.

As I said. I am out of opinions, and tired for being bashed. I will
discuss this matter with PPI officials and GA organisators. And if "free
software" is a must, maybe we should follow Stallmans suggestion and
give up whatever pirate work as long there is no "free software" tool.

Besides: why isn't there anyone offering doing all the work with free
software? why are there only people demanding to use free software,
without naming a product to use?

Wolfgang