[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:41:59 CET 2011

I also wish to thank Wolfgang for his hard work and constructive
effort. Of course, criticizing the work of other is much easier than
offering a solution.

Listen, I have done this for a living for many years, and I know these
things fairly well. There is NO completely free (in the FSF sense) AND
USABLE software solution to permit remote access to a conference to
many participants from different locations, with streaming video,
audio and text messaging.

I could offer a solution based on OpenQwaq
http://telexlr8networks.wordpress.com/openqwaq/, which in my opinion
is by far the best technology for this and is open source (GNU GPL
v2), but the client does not run on Linux yet, so it would not satisfy
free software zealots, and I prefer saving my time and yours.