[pp.int.general] Old woman ****ed by copyright lobby - Can we do something?

Martin Rieth martin.rieth at piratenpartei-goettingen.de
Thu Dec 29 18:46:16 CET 2011

Moin Moin Scott, *,

Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011 - Pirate Parties International -- General Talk :
> She had no computer and no router... Why would she have an account with an ISP?
She had one and the contract was still running at the time of the
incicdent.

So the court saw it proven, that someone entered her home with cable,
router and computer, stole her password and uploaded illegal content.

This is (for the court) more plausible, than that the ISP made an error
in pointing to the old ladys internet access.

> Also, I am very curious: do German ISP's (and this ladie's in
> particular) not use DHCP to assign IP numbers?
Yes, the IPs are dynamically assigned. And so the ISP is logging ALL
assigned IPs and the timeindex to a specific account. This is done for
every citizen. Keyword: data retention (Vorratsdatensopeicherung)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention

PS: I contacted the pirate-party around munich and posted the request to
the all-germany-mailinglist to get in contact with some persons which
are active in that field.

I say 42, Martin Rieth
----
http://www.piratenpartei-goettingen.de/