[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Thu Dec 29 23:21:01 CET 2011

Am 29.12.2011 22:29, schrieb Richard Stallman:
>     Richard: "holding to ideals is absolutely necessary if the goal is to
>     realize those ideals.  I think it was Gandhi who said, "You must be
>     the change you hope to see in the world."
>
>     Not when holding to ideals at the wrong time or in the wrong way can
>     harm the ideals themselves.
>
> Nothing hurts ideals like failing to act in accord with them.

Hi Richard,

I might "hurt" you here ... :)

And considering that one ideal stands against another ideal and the one
ideal is the most importent... which is it.

A worldwide movement based on principles as "free software" on the one
hand and "the same movement" including other principles like e.g.
"freedom of speach" and "human rights" etc. on the other hand.

[Did free software help in the Arab Spring? Ups, Mumble did. Any other
tool beside phones and software (free and non free) that did help, even
Gate-software had been in use? Should we have stopped our support cause
non-free software had been in use?]

"Free software" shall be of more importance? Do I understand it correct?

Personally, I do value e.g. human rights a higher good. I might be
wrong. But that would be my personal failure.

Sorry for my wording but I feel like it atm.

Best regards

Thomas