[pp.int.general] Lobbying EgyptSat To Provide Free Internet Services For Egyptians

bbox-gs borgbox.drone.guinness1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 06:29:18 CET 2011

:)

sweet. I had a feeling the pp-int had wise people around.

yes latency was discussed. after all, distance is somewhat significant and power limited causing rates  to be low (is that the equation ). figured it may be a last resort comm. link.

also, US seems to have deep pockets & hook up's/leverage/interests ;)
yes scary. that's why I'm trying to document certain misgivings or potential issues via #openmesh on twitter. Transparency being a huge point.  nobody would truly trust it unless they ran it in a 'true' virtuous manner - if that's is possible (even on the international level).

Common goals keep me close to the project, yet at arms length. I have offered a key person my analytical and technical skills as needed. they understand I am Anonymous in principle. so common interest for the people keeps ideas flowing - for the people. "kill the Internet kill switch" being the higher level idea. yes, 'access now' is the mentality. I do understand that. still...

so here we are. anyone need help with  any other sweet 'kill the Internet kill switch' projects?

btw. other plans include wimax backhauls. something about parking a ship off shore and aiming various uplink things - yes, a ship - pirates :)
talk of openBTS was thrown around. that Live CD idea  I find to be a security problem - seeing that people will be in a vulnerable state, while opportunists could likely mess with your junk ;)

of course, dialup seems to be something that worked in Egypt. so we can hookup a mesh network to extend that. use multi point gateway technology built in OLSR, with multiple dialup modems spread around. APs with batteries in backpacks for mobile mesh net . . . ;)

mesh does work very well. I've been experimenting since last august.

hmmm... ran out of words :(
must try to get some sleep.

I'm up to discus projects. let me know. or check out openmeshproject.org if you feel you can work directly with them. sure to get exposure if you got skillzzz.

we will win this cyber war waged by tyrants and dictators on us all.

force transparency seems like one goal. option to remain anonymous is another. are these concepts compatible?

cheers Sisters and Brothers,

gs1

Sent from my iPod