[pp.int.general] pp.international.general Digest, Vol 47, Issue 4

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:42:23 CET 2011

On 3 January 2011 11:02, Justus Römeth <squig at dfpx.de> wrote:

> So basically, Pirates are not happy with their leadership unless the name
> of the leader is Falkvinge.

That seems like a gross over-simplification. Many people have been partly
critical of Rick, but he has the time, the ideological/organisational weight
("founder" and "former party chairman" weights heavily for a party that
managed to get EP seats) and is very social, down-to-earth with almost
anything except sometimes women with whom he is just social, or used to be.
We had some media stuff about this in Sweden sometimes, I guess, or I'm
exaggerating, but my understanding is that he is in a happy relationship
just now.

Pirates seem to be generally dissatisfied with any kind of leadership, which
is also what makes Rick a good leader. He more or less lets people do
whatever they want, and then he does what he wants to do and everyone is
happy and get lots of things done. I personally view organisations and
bureaucracy as needed only for handling money, because money is such an
extremely conflictful issue.

/a