[pp.int.general] Forward: Press Release of the Pirate Party of Tunisia

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Fri Jan 7 12:25:04 CET 2011

The following PR has been posted on the Facebook site of the PP-TN
confirming the twitter messages that are flowting around.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=184949728200130

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman
Pirate Parties International

mobile: +49 172 853 44 91
skype:gregory.engels
jabber:dichter at jabber.piratenpartei.de

=====================snip===========================
Parti Pirate Tunisie - Pirate Party Tunisia

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TUNIS, TUNISIA 2011.01.06

PIRATE PARTY MEMBERS FACING POLITICAL REPRESSION IN TUNISIA

The Pirate Party of Tunisia involved in breaking the Tunisian media
blackout on the social unrest happening in many Tunisian cities from
December 18th 2010 is facing harsh political and police repression
from the undemocratic and corrupt government of Tunisia.

In the course of our last operations our members relayed videos and
information on police killing young civilians, on suicide cases
related to repression and poverty while riots are happening in the
cities of Sidi Bouzid, Siliana and Thala. The Party is also
distributing in tunisian universities and schools USB Keys and CD ROMS
with installation of the TOR Software needed to circumvent the major
wave of cyber censorship happening on the Tuninsian Internet and to
protect tunisian Internet users from the hacking the tunisian cyber
police is relying on to monitor Internet Users and prevent truth from
being relayed online.

On Thursday 2011.01.06,

Slah Eddin Kchouk aka Le Loup

Azyz Ammami aka Azyoz GM

Slim Ammamou aka Slim404

three members of the party, were kidnapped by the tunisian political
police. No warrant was used. Nobody including teir families is aware
of where they are being detained as of now. Their computers have also
been confiscated by the police. The three young tunisians hold
university degrees and wouldn't be involved in illegal activities.

Tunisia is a country known for its undemocratic and corrupt political
regime under the presidence of Zine ElAbidine Ben Ali these past 23
years.

Tunisia is a country where torture while in detention or in prison is
very common as reported and documented by Red Cross, Amnesty, HRW and
other NGO's.

Pirate Party Tunisia severely condemns the dictatorship of Ben Ali and
will engage every possible action to

1. Free its members

2. Seek international legal course in case of torture and inhumane
treatment on its members.

In addition to our members, several other young tunisians were
arrested on the same grounds the same day two of them are Hammadi
Kaloucha a blogger and cyber activist and Hamada Ben Aoun a 22 year
old singer and activist.

We're asking the international community for help to put pressure on
the Tunisian Government to release our members.