[pp.int.general] Distributed Computing

mendoza at piratenpower.de mendoza at piratenpower.de
Sat Jan 8 14:26:47 CET 2011

Hello World,
the Pirate Party of Germany has founded the distributed computing team
Piratenpartei Deutschland.
http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_graph.php?pr=bo&id=5919422

The Idea was not always to talk about Research and open access, but to
do something.
In a few months the Team has grown up and we started a working
Community to handle the questions and coordinate the Team. We got our
first big Milestone with 100 Million points just at the end of 2010.
We made a Wikisite (available in english) as soon as we could, a
Mailinglist and a chat on IRC.
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/AG_Verteiltes_Rechnen/EN

A new twitter account: PiratenRechnen.

We established teams in many projects of distributed computing that use Boinc.
It was very helpful to create a BOINC-Wide Team.
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/teams/

It is easy to use BOINC.
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/AG_Verteiltes_Rechnen/BOINC/EN

Have a look at the Tutorials:
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/AG_Verteiltes_Rechnen/Videotutorials/EN

Now the Pirate Party of Germany appears online in a Permanent Global
statistics.
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/AG_Verteiltes_Rechnen/Statistiken/EN

You can join our team or start up your own team.

There is already another team of the U.S. Pirate Party.
http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_graph.php?pr=bo&id=9350487
But we think it has to be reactivated :-)

And a spanish Team:
http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_graph.php?pr=bo&id=34119975

Maybe there are several Teams of the Pirate Party from all over the
World in a few weeks.

AG Verteiltes Rechnen (Distributed Computing Division of the Pirate
Party Germany)

Mendoza

http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/AG_Verteiltes_Rechnen

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...