[pp.int.general] Fwd: BREAKING: ID cards are coming

BobaMa bobama at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 01:26:06 CET 2011

Also:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/07/real-id-online-new-federal-online-identity-plan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Segal, DemandProgress.org <info at demandprogress.org>
Date: 13 January 2011 23:05
Subject: BREAKING: ID cards are coming
To: Barack Obama <bobama at gmail.com>

 Barack,

Have you heard? The US government is developing virtual ID cards for
Internet users -- and they could pose a severe threat to our privacy!

The proposal is called the "National Strategy for Trusted Identities in
Cyberspace” and the draft  indicates that *we'd be forced* to use them for
any online transactions with the government, and for online interactions
with businesses that choose to use them.

*It's a draft proposal, so we still have a chance to convince government
officials to re-write it so that it respects our privacy rights: Will you
click here to send them a
message?<http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/internetid/?akid=82.56590.rSkmp2&rd=1&t=1>
*

If the system is fully implemented you'll have one centralized online ID,
making it even easier to track your online activity: Officials need to make
sure any proposal maintains Americans' rights to privacy and anonymity.*
<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/27?akid=94.345952.EwuRUy&t=2>*

*The government shouldn't be forcing Americans to use Internet ID cards.
Please click here, and stand up for Internet privacy before it's too
late.*<http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/internetid/?akid=82.56590.rSkmp2&rd=1&t=1>

Thanks for your support.

 -- The Demand Progress team*
*
 Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org<http://demandprogress.org/>)
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions
are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax
purposes.