[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:19:42 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Kenneth Peiruza
<kenneth at contralaguerra.org> wrote:
> Hello Eduardo,
>
> Good job and good luck with your speech at FOSDEM!
>
> AFAIK, Agora is still not functional, well, it was like that 3 months
> ago... what's its current status?
>
> There is a Direct/Liquid Democracy team at mypirates.net, where many
> other pirates interested in such issues had been working on this topic,
> comparing different software solutions and so on....
>
> Also the guys from Piraten Schweiss might be interested in this, as they
> made their own software, but they keep an eye evaluating other
> alternatives ;)
>

> Regards,
>
> Kenneth

Hello Kenneth:

Agora is still not functional, but advances have been made. We have a
defined design & development path to followthat will best meet our
needs. We are going to use Helios Voting [1] as a base for our
implementation and we're going to try a mixnet based cryptographic
voting protocol based on Verificatum [2]. At the moment, we're digging
in the code of verificatum.

Regards,
   Eduardo
--