[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Justus Römeth roemeth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:37:01 CET 2011

Based on a first glance at the wiki Osnabrueck was the only other place
to also put in an offer, and offered a bigger place for one fourth of
the price.
-J

On 19.01.11 20:19, Andrew Norton wrote:

> [...]
>>> so that you mayparticipate in the conference.
>>>
>>> In the spirit of maintaining communication and co-operation between
>>> Pirate Parties around the world an Open Space event workshop is
>>> planned to be held during the conference. Open Space Technology is a
>>> powerful tool that allows to handle the most complex matters with
>>> theease of a coffee break, and will allow us to take a glance atthe
>>> future of the PPI.
>>>
>>> We'll open a space where you'll work with other pirates to identify
>>> and address the most important issues in your work, your organization
>>> and your community. Come prepared with your own burning questions and
>>> pressing needs... and be ready to address them in a dynamic,
>>> high-learning environment.
>>>
>>> The official sessionsof the General Assembly will be streamed. Remote
>>> participation will be possible. Detailed instructions will be sent to
>>> you as soon as possible.Remote participants do not have to register at
>>> the moment.
>>>
>>> Each member is permitted to submit amendments to the PPI statutes. To
>>> submit your proposals please use this form:
>>> http://piraten.in/statutesform.The form also allows for non-members to
>>> submit proposals for amendments. The deadline for submitting proposals
>>> is February 12th 2011, 23:59  CET.
>>>
>>> The General Assembly will also elect a new board of the PPI.
>>> Candidates shall submit their application on
>>> http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2011/Board_candidaturesor
>>> e-mail their application /to board at pp-international.net
>>> <mailto:board at pp-international.net>/.
>>>
>>> If you are not yet a member of PPI but want to join you can apply for
>>> membership following the procedure described on this page:
>>> http://int.piratenpartei.de/Membership_application
>>>
>>> We would also like to remind you that as thePPI does not collectany
>>> membership fees, besides participation fees,we also rely on donations
>>> to organize this event. If you want to donate to the PPI conference
>>> organization team, you'll find all the necessary information on this
>>> page: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2011#Support
>>>
>>> If you need an official invitation for visa purposes,addressed
>>> personally to you, please e-mailyour contact details and necessary
>>> information as soon as possible to the Board at
>>> /board at pp-international.net<mailto:board at pp-international.net>/. We
>>> will then send to you (or to the German consulate if this is required
>>> in your country) a formal invitation.
>>>
>>> For further information concerning the 2011 PPI conference you can
>>> visit http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2011or contact the
>>> Board at /board at pp-international.net<mailto:board at pp-international.net>/.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> the Board of the PPI
>>>
>>> ==
>>> Preliminary timetable:
>>>
>>> *11. March 2011 - Friday *
>>>
>>> During the day informal rounds for early arrivers (self-organized)

>>> 09:00 Opening of the conference with opening speech and procedure /(*)/
>>> 10:00 Presentation of candidates for new PPI members /(*)/
>>> 11:00 Official discussion (statutes amendments, membership fees)
>>> /following/: Open Rounds Block 1
>>> /parallel/: Voting and results (statutes amendments, membership fees)
>>> /(*)/
>>> 20:00 Evening event
>>>
>>> *13. March 2011 - Sunday*
>>>
>>> 08:00 Reports PPI board /(*)/
>>> 09:00 Board Candidates Presentation /(*)/
>>> /following/: Open Rounds Block 2
>>> /parallel/: Election and voting results (board elections) /(*)/
>>> 14:00 Networking contacts exchange / Press Conference /(*)/
>>> 16:00 Closing Keynote /(*)/