[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 19 21:06:53 CET 2011

On 19.01.2011, at 20:19, Andrew Norton wrote:

> and why, for the first time, a location was not actively sought out
> and
> organised (as was done in the past, especially as now we have a board
> which is supposed to do that),

What gives you an impression, that the board is not organizing the
conference? I also like to add, that comparing the past, as
international
conferences were held with a dozen or so participants with the now
planned event, that aims for c.a. 150 participants, will at best will
give
a slightly skewed impression.

> and why the established guidelines of
> having it in a different country each time was ignored.

There were no other offers from any other country than Germany. As
you know, you actively have lobbied in the US-PP against submitting
an offer to host the conference in New-York.

We have sent out three reminders on submitting offers, and have
actively asked many parties, but with no success.

> Also, is the new board going to be elected before the new statutes, or
> vice versa (it makes a BIG difference, when you're elected, and you
> don't even know the details of the job and powers you've been
> elected to do)

Dear Andrew, as this obviously has sliped your attention, as you was
reading
the Invitation, it had a preliminary agenda attached to it. If you go
and
reread it, your question should be answered.

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman
Pirate Parties International