[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Wed Jan 19 23:44:18 CET 2011

Hi Boris,

Yes, what he describes is basically direct/liquid democracy with a MP
proxy, and Spanish law says nothing about how do the MP's make their
decision, so, you are wrong with your guess, at least
with Spain.

In fact, most times the party makes the decision and all their MPs act
as dumb voting-robots, and it's really hard to get a really free vote in
our parliament. They name it "party discipline", and it's how it works
here, at least 99% of times.

It's so crappy that one gay conservative MP voted against gay rights and
gay marriage 'cause PP (Partido Popular, the conservatives) voted so.

Last time I saw a free vote in a Spanish institution, it was in the
Catalan Parliament, in the vote about forbidding bullfighting in
Catalonia, and bullfighting got forbidden, something like 9 moths ago.

Regards,

Kenneth