[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:06:38 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, true:) However, its second step (the transferring of votes from the
> system to MPs) is still pure proxy voting - you could replace MPs with
> robots and nothing qould change.

Exactly -  except you would need a law to accept robots in parliament
first ;-) PDI's idea is: we need to change no law to make direct
democracy start to happen in Spain. We need people to vote us, though.
But even if they don't, we can start making use of Agora anyway, and
maybe if enough people start using it the votings in agora will start
to be mentioned in the media as polls. Of course, to do that we need
Agora developed in the first place.