[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:08:13 CET 2011

Since I have 24 alerts on this I'll give my two cents on e-voting:

The problems are accountability and accuracy.  With the ability to hack or
make false accounts to get the determined outcome somebody would want that
isn't what the majority voted for, I'd say that this shouldn't be adopted
for extremely important matters, and even the non-important ones can cause
hell later on.

Trolls alone can sway an entire party by camping out in the parties main
line of chatting and because you don't wish to deny free speech yet couldn't
possibly stake out an IRC 24/7 to counter a Trolls claims with facts, you'll
drive yourself and your party nuts in the process.

Then again I don't have an alternative to offer so the choice is yours :-/

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York