[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:43:03 CET 2011

Hi Andrew,

> How do I know you're not organizing it? Because you yourself said so,
> when you sent out a request for bids for it. If you're organising it,
> YOU are organising it, you're not asking anyone else to give you
> suggestions for organising it.
You know what democratic organization is, don't you? Hint: it's NOT when
the Big Chief says "it will be done so-and-so, no discussions allowed":)
Besides, your idea of what "organizing a conference" means is rather
strange. Would you accuse the board of "not organizing anything" if they
were to not personally carry the chairs to and from the conference hall,
but rely on outside help for that job?

> We also won't mention (too much) how, despite supposedly being separate
> from any national party, you've been actively working for the German
> party.
It would be rather difficult to find someone both willing and with
enough support to take up a leading position in the PPI who is NOT an
active member of some national Pirate Party, now wouldn't it?
I also point out to the fact that there are many Pirates around the
world, but not yet as many as to have the luxury of affording strict
separation of offices (whether that should be aspired is another
question, mind you).

One last point on your accusations that the conference location was
chosen so that it be comfortable for our co-chairmen: Could you please
demonstrate what kind of benefits anyone would reap from such a choice?
The local Pirates who are in the middle of a gruelling election campaign
and now have to find funds&handle the local organization? Or will you
invent some benefits that one or another candidate could gain, despite
the fact that remote participation is possible and the number of votes
is equal for each member party?

To sum it up: your criticism is not unfounded on many occasions, but the
way you bitch around and try really every way to insult other Pirates
is, to use your words, just sickening.
But have no hopes, you won't demoralize anyone - at least in the German
Pirate Party all officers are used to the fact that if they do too
little, they get bashed for doing nothing, if they do too much, they get
bashed for doing it wrong, and on Saturdays and Wednesdays they get
bashed just for the hell of it.

Best regards,
Boris