[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Thu Jan 20 03:19:47 CET 2011

On 20.01.2011, at 00:24, Andrew Norton wrote:

> ... some ill-hearted misunderstood things.

Andrew,

I will not answer to your trolling, cause i don't see it lead anywhere.

however, i feel obliged to make out some facts, that you put wrong.
(and i am not calling you a lier, i rather believe that you were unable
to make the right judgments - i put it to google translate issues or
something)

1. I am not an elected Officer to Pirate Party of Germany or any other
Party.
I am have been appointed as an International Coordinator (one out of
three)
by the board of Pirate Party of Germany in November 2009. The new
elected
board has confirmed my appointment in may 2010.

2. As a Member of the Board of PPI I only represent the PPI, and
should not
be considered representing anything else (like any particular Pirate
Party
or my home city, or being white skinned or  being a man, etc)

3. Even IF I where an Officer for any Pirate Party, this would be
nothing
that would collide with an PPI Board Office. Infact Jerry, Jakub,
Aleksander
and Bogo are on Board of their respective national Pirate Parties.
(Well,
Bogo has apparently quit the Bulgarian Pirate Party, but not because of
his PPI involvement)

4. As you have noted, I am also running for the office at the local
city council
in my city - it is a volunteer office, that is done by part-time
politicians. (It
is a council - not the government) - I really fail to see, how there
possible be a collision of interests with my PPI Co-Chairmanship. (there
could be however conflicts with my role being a business owner, but
I do not intend to quit my business in favor of volunteer work)

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman
Pirate Parties International