[pp.int.general] Egypt Help

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 20:36:06 CET 2011

Forgive me for technical ignorance but if people are on a network that is
satellite, say GCI in Alaska for instance, would that help if they gave you
their connection to use?  I have someone with Usenet and satellite I.T.
experience that may be of assistance as well.

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York
On Jan 30, 2011 2:10 PM, "bbox-gs" <borgbox.drone.guinness1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi all
>
> we have a handle on an openwrt firmware and olsr 0.6. We are looking for a
list of easy to acquire access points used in the region to cook firmware
with correct chipsets drivers.

> an issue we could use help with is uplinks. we should be able to bridge a
mesh network to whatever. we need to identify methods out of local
government control - satellite technologies seem likely... any uplink people
out there that could lend a hand.

http://blog.ninux.org/2011/01/18/wireless-battle-mesh-v4-16-20-marzo-2011-sant-bartomeu-del-grau-spagna-catalogna/