[pp.int.general] Egypt Help

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 21:48:56 CET 2011

Zachary Chastain, he's on Facebook if you wanna add/message him with the
details, but I'll message him to see if he's available.

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York
On Jan 30, 2011 2:50 PM, "bbox-gs" <borgbox.drone.guinness1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi Jay
>
> we would need satellites that have a footprint in the region.
>
> BUT, we are building a team to workout the options and need help with many
aspects of getting this from A to Z quickly.

> it would be great if your contact could join our discussion thread on
Skype (see web page for details)

> Satellite expertise is needed at the moment.
>
> cheers brother
>
> gs
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Jan 30, 2011, at 14:36, Jay Emerson <jemers2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forgive me for technical ignorance but if people are on a network that is
satellite, say GCI in Alaska for instance, would that help if they gave you
their connection to use? I have someone with Usenet and satellite I.T.
experience that may be of assistance as well.
>> Jay Emerson
>> Administrative Officer
>> Pirate Party of New York
>>
>> On Jan 30, 2011 2:10 PM, "bbox-gs" <borgbox.drone.guinness1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> > hi all
>> >
>> > we have a handle on an openwrt firmware and olsr 0.6. We are looking
for a list of easy to acquire access points used in the region to cook
firmware with correct chipsets drivers.

>> > an issue we could use help with is uplinks. we should be able to bridge
a mesh network to whatever. we need to identify methods out of local
government control - satellite technologies seem likely... any uplink people
out there that could lend a hand.

http://blog.ninux.org/2011/01/18/wireless-battle-mesh-v4-16-20-marzo-2011-sant-bartomeu-del-grau-spagna-catalogna/