[pp.int.general] Fwd: [FC-discuss] Fwd: Urgent -- Aaron was just arrested

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Fri Jul 22 07:17:20 CEST 2011

On 21.07.2011 18:26, Pirat at LennStar.de wrote:
> I think mainly because it's a bit hard to find 100+ year old documents
> at home or even in your school library.

Maybe that's the reason why the people that own the documents (not their
content!) want money for digitilization... And if those people want
money for the scanning, those who do I want to get this money back.

I really advocate to do the digitilization. But we, as those who want
free access, have to find a business model. Of course this might be "let
the tax payers cover the costs". It might also be "let those pay, who
want to access the copies". And if we chose the latter, we have to find
a way to make them pay.

Christian