[pp.int.general] Support Banners & Re: Fwd: [FC-discuss] Fwd: Urgent -- Aaron was just arrested

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Sat Jul 23 00:19:14 CEST 2011

El 22/07/11 11:02, Christian Hufgard dijo:
> >> The documents are not public. Their content is no longer protected by
> >> copyright.
> >
> > Don't you find it at least absurd?
>
> No. I can differentiate between content and the medium it is written onto.
> Let's take pictures of ancient masters. You are free to repaint them and
> create digital copies - if you have access to the orginal. But the picture
> itself belongs to somebody.

> >> Well, that's exactly what I mean. Never having done anything and not
> >> capable of doing anything but a little bit of hacking and trashtalk.
> >> Create a remarkable work and share it with the world for free. Then I'll
> >> be impressed. Download documents from a nearly unrestricted system and
> >> upload them is nothing you can be prowd of.
> >
> > So we can forget about knowledge produced before free culture for good now?
>
> No. We have to find a way to free it. Obtaining illegal access it not the way
> I prefere.

We can agree on this, but I was inclined to think that condemning people for
accessing information wasn't included. Or are you trolling?

BTW, a local blog made support banners for Aaron Swartz. They're here:
http://derechoaleer.org/2011/07/support-aaron.html

--
Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,
xmpp:fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
omb:http://identi.ca/fauno

OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2

http://parabolagnulinux.org
http://endefensadelsl.org

"Freedom [...] is messy" ~ Eben Moglen